News: 'Darth Vader's Theme' from Star Wars Masterfully Played on a Plastic Coffee Stirrer

'Darth Vader's Theme' from Star Wars Masterfully Played on a Plastic Coffee Stirrer

If there's one thing you'd never think to play music on, it's probably a coffee stirrer, right? But that didn't stop this guy from playing one of my favorite theme songs on one — "Darth Vader's Theme," aka "The Imperial March."

One of the things I love most about the Star Wars movies is the incredibly thematic underscoring. The music for the original, prequel, and sequel trilogies was written by the famous composer John Williams, who also did the scores for Jurassic Park and a few Harry Potter films.

"The Imperial March" is definitely one of the most easily recognized themes from the Star Wars films. It first appeared in The Empire Strikes Back and can be heard in some way or another — on and off the Death Star — in Return of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, The Force Awakens, and Rogue One, and I'm hoping it will make another appearance in the upcoming The Last Jedi set for a December 2017 release.

In the video above (in Russian), Deita Meira, from Ufa, Russia, impressively plucks out one "The Imperial March" using a plastic coffee stirrer. His ability to replicate both the melody and rhythm of the original theme using only a tiny strip of plastic is extremely impressive. We've heard a lot of covers of famous tunes played on unusual instruments, but this is definitely one of the most creative.

Image via Giphy

Share this article using the links below, and let us know what you think in the comments! If you enjoyed this post and have ideas about things happening in the world that inspire wonderment, send a tip over to kpuccio@wonderhowto.com or share it with @WonderHowTo on Twitter.

Just updated your iPhone? You'll find new emoji, enhanced security, podcast transcripts, Apple Cash virtual numbers, and other useful features. There are even new additions hidden within Safari. Find out what's new and changed on your iPhone with the iOS 17.4 update.

Cover image via YouTube

1 Comment

I understand the music, but the video is in Russian!

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Latest